Tylenol and Motrin Dosing Chart
- Tylenol and Motrin are dosed based on your child’s most recent weight.
- Tylenol may be given every 4 hours as needed
- Motrin may be given every 6 hours as needed (> 6 months of age)
- Tylenol and Motrin work completely differently. You may alternate dosing if needed for high fevers. Example:
- Tylenol given at 12:00, Motrin given at 3:00, Tylenol at 6:00, Motrin at 9:00
- You only need to do this if the medication you are giving is not helping to bring your child’s temperature down.
Tylenol Dosing Chart
Motrin Dosing Chart
(Do not give to infants less than 6 months of age)